Informed Delivery ®
Direct Mail with Informed Delivery® By USPS®
WHAT IS INFORMED DELIVERY® EMAIL SERVICE?
SEE WHAT WILL BE IN YOUR MAILBOX TODAY
Informed Delivery® is a free subscriber based email notification service offered by the United States Postal Service. Residential consumers receive a digital preview of their household’s incoming mail scheduled to arrive soon directly in their email inbox! Informed Delivery® allows subscribers to view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mail pieces and track packages in one convenient location.*
* Images are only provided for letter-sized mail pieces that are processed through USPS’ automated equipment
ENGAGE USERS SIMULTANEOUSLY THROUGH PRINT AND DIGITAL
Informed Delivery® offers businesses the opportunity to engage users through a digital advertisement along with their scanned mail piece that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE USING INFORMED DELIVERY?
- Improved response to your mail. ID coordinates another impression of your offer just as the mail arrives. Today we see email rates of more than 20% consistently, and those emails have an open rate of close to 70%. You get a lot of additional impressions, which will consistently improve response rates. And the Postal Service is adding millions of subscribers a year.
- The cost is low. There are no Postal Service fees for participating, and service providers generally just charge simple set-up fees. No cost per thousand.
- ID is easy. An image or two and a URL is all you need.
- Your prospects get another response path. If they are intrigued by your offer, they can just click a button - your ride-along ad.
- The benefit of a second touch with a mailing is well documented. It increases brand awareness while providing another means of responding.
- Gets your mail piece to top of ID email. Mail pieces with an Informed Delivery campaign will appear near the top of your prospect’s Informed Delivery email.
Marketers in USPS test campaigns experienced average email open rates of 70% - sustained Enhanced call to action drives an average click-through rates of 6.1%.
THE ELEMENTS OF AN INFORMED DELIVERY CAMPAIGN
It’s all built around the mail piece. The objective of an ID campaign is to boost direct mail response.
Here’s what goes into a campaign:
- The original mail piece
- The representative image
- The ride-along ad
- Web link
- The web landing page
GOT A NEW MOVER DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGN?
Adding Informed Delivery® for new movers is a no-brainer!
One of the main USPS marketing techniques for promoting ID to consumers is through change of address processing. When a consumer files a change of address they just need to check a box to add Informed
Delivery®. This is a main reason for how the subscriber numbers are growing so quickly.
And this means that new movers have exceptionally high subscription rates.
We have been seeing new mover match rates over 25%. New movers are already exceptional prospects for direct mail – add the power of Informed Delivery® to get an additional impression.