Core Elements of a Marketing Strategy
Develop profiles of segments in market
Differentiate the market offering to create superior customer value
Evaluate the importance of each segment
Develop marketing plans for each segment
- Cycle dealers database mailings into 60-90 day cycles. Target loyal vehicle owners when they reach the correct optimum time frame of ownership.
- Target conquest owners – Utilize 160 million direct auto database to reach conquest owners. Reach owners of same manufacturer vehicles in the geographic market who purchased their last vehicle elsewhere.
- Use purchase predictor and in market resources to reach consumers who are likely to be looking to purchase a vehicle right now.
- For dealerships in a high lease percentage market the off lease list should be included in every monthly marketing budget.
- Based on the dealer’s used vehicle inventory and sales goals a monthly sub-prime mailing should be used as a tool to insure constant vehicle turnover. Sub-prime mailers bring in high margin sales and assist in moving over-age vehicle units.